Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Urban Decay B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray


On June 25th, Urban Decay launched two new products on their website; the B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray, and the Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging. Now to be quite honest, I paid little attention to this launch.


Oh my! I certainly should have! I have been using this for....... about two weeks now, and I am quite smitten with it. Let me start by saying it promises some pretty INTENSE results. And those I can not yet speak about. But I will discuss that in a bit.

The packaging, the outer box as well as the actual spray bottle have that kind of soft rubberized textured (think NARS packaging) and under the white cap of the bottle is ANOTHER cap. I have to say packaging sure doesn't MAKE a product, but it is a wonderful touch!


What this actually is:
This is an oil- and paraben-free spray that comes in a soft-touch bottle and emits a calibrated, microfine mist. It goes on so light, you’ll hardly feel it. Vitamin B6 normalizes overactive cell-signaling proteins (called cytokines) to help control sebum production, vitamin E provides antioxidants, and willow bark (rich in natural salicylic acid) aids cell turnover.

So basically, its both a primer in spray form (you put on even before your moisturizer) and a refresher that can be put on AFTER your makeup.

Now take a look at the claims made by Urban Decay:


Now as a girl with pores the size of craters, skin so red its more like it has the odd WHITE spot instead of vice versa and a struggle with blemishes and and oil, I was sold! Or at least, I was sucked into buying this!

Now, two weeks in I can not speak to much of the claims (though I do think I have less shine) but it simply FEELS wonderful. I tend to use the spray bottles from La Roche Possay of water to refresh my face throughout the day, but this just feels so much nicer. The advantage I am already finding with it is it seems to help my moisturizer sink in faster and more evenly. Its not at all irritating on my skin that hates more products than it tolerates and even near the eyes its completely fine. I guess only time will tell if it is the magic potion it claims to be above, but so far, I am certainly enjoying it.

For Canadians out there this was purchased at Sephora for $39 Canadian

1 comment:

  1. this sounds really nice! I have oily skin too and something that helps my makeup stick is a good idea, but this also sounds quite refreshing. may have to try it out in the future!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10